JOSEPH S. MANISCALCO is a partner and co-founder of LH&M. During law school, he interned for the United States Department of Justice, Office of the United States Trustee, Eastern District of New York. He also served as a legal advocate for the Unemployment Action Center at Hofstra School of Law representing indigent clients in actions seeking unemployment benefits. After law school, he joined Jaspan Schlesinger Silverman & Hoffman as an associate in their bankruptcy department. In 1998, he started LH&M with the other founding partners.
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, 1995
- B.A., Fordham University, 1992
- Chaminade High School, 1988
- Courts of the State of New York
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
Honors and Affiliations
- Former Chairman of the Nassau County Bar Association Bankruptcy Committee
- Director of the Credit Abuse Resistance Education (CARE) program
- Certified mediator/member of the panel of mediators for the Eastern & Southern District of New York
- Frequent speaker at continuing legal education seminars and events
- First Place in the 1995 New York State Bar Association Environmental Law Essay Contest
- At the Crossroads of Environmental Laws and the Bankruptcy Code: Abandonment and Trustee Personal Liability, Hofstra Law Review, Volume 23:879 (1995) (author).
Athletic Honors and Affiliations
- Third Degree Brown Belt in the Martial Arts and instructor
- Baseball pitching instructor and clinical director
- Pre-Season Baseball All American Fordham University, 1992
- Nominated to the 1992 U.S. Olympic Baseball Team
- Recipient of Full Athletic Scholarship at Fordham University
- Nassau County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Turnaround Management Association, Long Island Chapter
- Columbian Lawyers of Nassau County
- American Trial Lawyers’ Association
Joseph has been retained as an expert many times in bankruptcy related cases and for the Office of the Inspector General, State of New York on bankruptcy crimes.
Joseph was awarded an AV Rating, the highest for attorneys, for his professionalism and the quality of his legal work from Martindale Hubbell, the premier directory of legal professionals.
The Long Island Pulse named Joseph as one of the Top Legal Eagles on Long Island.